The Legislative lottery scholarship pays 100% tuition (up to undergraduate degree) for New Mexico high school graduates or GED recipients who want to attend a New Mexico public college or university.
The initial scholarship shall begin with the second semester of enrollment at a postsecondary institution and continue for that academic year. Thereafter, each scholarship is for a period of one semester subject to revocation for failure to maintain eligibility. The scholarship may be renewed on a semester basis until the award recipient has received eight (8) semesters of scholarship awards, or until the student graduates with a bachelor’s degree from an eligible institution, whichever is sooner.
- Student must be a resident of New Mexico
- Must have graduated from a NM public, accredited private school or obtained a GED in New Mexico.
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) in the first regular semester at an eligible New Mexico public college or university.
- Must enroll immediately following high school graduation
- Must maintain at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5
How to Apply:
Student shall contact their public post-secondary institution’s financial aid advisor for eligibility verification (no application needed).
When to Apply:
Student shall contact their public post-secondary institution for eligibility period.
Where to Apply:
Lottery Scholarship eligibility determined by institution. Contact Institution for details
New Mexico Legislature CLICK HERE!